Monday, August 29, 2011

Hi every one;

Today has been a good day.  I was able to visit my mother for breakfast and once we came home Liliana and I did our pool therapy.  The weather in Castaic has been super hot and the pool just keeps calling.  Unfortunately we had to stop after 30 minutes because there is a lot to do in the house and later today I have an appointment with the pulmonologist.  I hope he starts to take me off the chemo and the Prednisone.  Those drugs are killing my stomach.  Every night I wake up once or twice while my dinner re-visits me.  Not so fun.  But I guess I just have to deal with it, breathing is important and those medications are helping.

One thing the Prednisone is doing is making me very confrontational  Lily and Brenda said on Saturday that I was creating conflicts where there were none.  They  said it was like they were sitting on the ledge and then I came and kicked them off.  That they could not stay mad because they would turn around and look at me eating my pizza like little cookie monster.  Except with pizza and that made them forget being mad.  I have to remember to tone it down a bit.  I don't want them to remember me as the mom that kicks them off the ledge and then eats her way thru pizza.

Today I decided to roast a leg of lamb.  I hope it turns out good.

The recipe is as follows:

1 leg of lamb approximately 6 pounds
1/2 bunch of lemon thyme
1/2 bunch  fresh oregano
1/2 bunch flat leaf parsley
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp seasoning salt
4 garlic cloves
1/4 cup olive oil
1 tsp.  pepper
2 tablespoons soft unsalted butter.
Juice of 2 lemons

Blend all the above together in food processor to create a paste

Rub the lamb with the herb mixture and place in a  roasting pan on a bed if vegetables.  You can use what ever vegetable you enjoy.  I used 24 oz of baby potatoes,  baby cut carrots, 1 onion, 1 package of mushrooms and  2 celery stalks cut.   Make sure you season the vegetables with a little olive oil and seasoning salt.   Add 2 cups red win and roast in the oven for 30 minutes at 375 degrees.   Reduce the heat to 325 degrees and continue roasting for an additional hour.   Remove from heat and let sit for 10 minutes covered with aluminum.   Serve with some couscous.

No comments:

Post a Comment