Saturday, August 27, 2011

Living With Dialysis

Sorry about not posting on Friday, but generally my husband is off on Fridays and I take the day off to be able to enjoy it with him. I find that every moment you spend with a loved one when on dialysis is worth millions.   Yesterday I was able to accompany him on a couple of plumbing jobs.  It was accutally nice.  When we came home we did treatment and I was able to go to their Tahitian dance practice.  It was actually really nice to be able to see all the beautifull dancers in action.   It made me want to get back into shape. 

Today Saturday, I got up and was able to do 30 minutes of pool therapy that my daughter Liliana helped me with.  I was quite satisfied to know I was able to keep active for 30 miutes without having a loss of breath.  No oxygen needed yet.

I think today I will be making grilled fish tacos with fresh salsa for my family.

Pico de Gallo Salsa
2 ripe tomatoes
1 medium onion
1  bunch cilantro
2 garlic cloves finely chopped
salt to taste
1-2 jalapenos to taste
Juice of 1 lime

Chop all the vegetables and mix in a bowl.  Add salt, garlic, and the juice of  the lime.  Place in the refrigerator till need to top the tacos.

Marinade for fish:

Juice of 3 limes
1-2 tsp of seasoning salt
1 tsp fresh ground pepper
1 tbsp  fresh thyme
1 tbsp fresh oregano
2 garlic cloves chopped
2 tbsp olive oil

Mix all the ingredients and  add to 2 pounds of fish.  Marinade for about 20 minutes and grill.

Chipotle mayo for fish:

1/2 cup  mayonnaise
2 table spoons chipotle adobo, use your favorite kind.
1/2 lime juice

Mix together till smooth.

You can shred some cabbage or purchase a cole slaw mix without the mayo.


Now you are ready to assemble your tacos.   Warm your tortillas,  add some chipotle mayo,  your fish, your cole slaw and top with pico de gallo.   Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment